Here are all the details for The Sims Mobile Royal Romance update which is coming on February 8th!
No matter how you celebrate love with friends, family, and partners, create special moments and spoil your Sims! Or maybe there’s a spicy royal romance happening in Briny Heights? Tell a love story of the ages and create your fairytale ending this Valentine’s Day in the latest update of The Sims Mobile.
Host a party in ANY house – available from 16 February
We know how much you love hosting and attending parties with friends! It’s time to show off all your building and interior decorating skills you’ve worked so hard on in the other locations your Sims live in! We’re excited to announce that for the first time, you can now host an online party in any of the house lots you own because there is no longer a designated house.
To host a party and experience it in any lot, your Sim must be moved into the home lot that you want to host the party at, and:
- Press the arrow button on the right-hand side of the screen
- Press the Parties balloon icon and find the “Host Weekly Party Here” button
- Select your theme!
Don’t forget to add party decorations that match your theme for more group rewards! Group reward progress also stacks accumulatively now, instead of individually. At all other times, when you’re visiting other players’ neighborhoods, you’ll only be able to see their first main house.
Swap between any of your Sims in your neighborhood!
Have you reached your 4 playable Sims cap, or would just love to play as any passive Sim that lives in your neighborhood? Now it’s possible for you to play as any adult Sim, by swapping between the ‘playable’ and ‘passive’ state freely anytime without having to retire a Sim to free up more Sims slots!
Making a Sim ’passive’ frees up one Sim slot, so you can bring someone else in! There is no cost to make a Sim active again, but they will start with no energy (so they might need a tasty cupcake to help them out!)
Find your family portrait by either clicking on the Lot Address in the Neighborhood view or click on the framed version that is hopefully hanging up somewhere special in your home (you can find it in the Build/Buy menu under ‘Decorations’ tab and ‘Wall Decorations’). From here, click on a Sim and select either ‘make passive’ or ‘make playable’. That’s it! In the Family Portrait, you can now also see which relationships, stories, careers, and hobbies each Sim has.
A few extra notes to add:
- A Sim can’t be made passive if they’re currently completing an event
- Children cannot be made playable, but they can be, once they become an adult!
- Sims with a blue coloured plumbob or a Sim that has previously been retired also cannot be made playable.
- We also haven’t made any changes to the usual way you’d retire a Sim! The retirement option will still appear once your Sim completes all four traits, but you can choose to ignore the pop-up and delay retirement.
‘Royal Romance’ Treasure Hunt Event
It’s time for your Sims to find their inner prince or princess by searching for clues in the ‘Royal Wedding’ Treasure Hunt event! Help Smallfry throughout this event and earn exclusive regal décor and outfits to transform your Sims home into a fairytale castle fit for a queen and king this Valentine’s Day.
Here are the exclusive items to look forward to:
- Queens gown for female Sims
- Queens crown hairstyle for female Sims
- Prince outfit for male Sims
- Royal double-width staircase with carpet
- Prince charming hair for male Sims
- Royal double bed
- Large ornate windows (triple width)
- Palace gate
- Palace fence wall
- Pendant chandelier
- Royal curtains
- Maxi dress for female Sims and much more!
‘A Very Simlish Anniversary’ Sweet Treat Showdown Event
Congratulations Maxis and The Sims for turning 21 this month! It’s a pretty monumental milestone that only happens once! Now, they can party like they’ve got keys to the city, and you can too! Jump into the new ‘A Very Simlish Anniversary’ Sweet Treat Showdown event and unlock lavish outfits and glitzy nightclub décor, including a karaoke machine and disco lighting to party the night away!
Here are the exclusive items to look forward to:
- Boombox karaoke machine with microphone
- Plumbob DJ booth
- Long ombre hairstyle with bangs for female Sims
Royal Box Prizes:
- Smoke machine
- Bar display with quilted detail
- Velvet sofa with quilted detail
Sweet Box Prizes:
- Disco ball chandelier
- Velvet scalloped chair
- Military jacket for male Sims
- Heart-shaped sunglasses for male and female Sims
- Lightning bolt-shaped wall mirror
- Donut-shaped neon light
- Fern pot plant “
There are also some more Wumple’s quests (of course!).
The playable event dates for this update along with prize images and info can be found in my update schedule video here…
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?