It’s time for me to make another wishlist for things I’d like to see in The Sims Mobile this year here’s my list of 25 things I’d like to see in The Sims Mobile in 2021.
If you’d like to see my previous wishlists please feel free to check those out.
How I’m feeling about The Sims Mobile currently.
I have been playing The Sims Mobile since the soft launch in 2017, so as long as I possibly could have been, and I’m bored. Absolutely bored.
I crave more gameplay and incentive to play at this point. I find the state of the game to be repetitive and that is my main gripe as you will see reflected in this list.
So, let’s get into it.
25 things I would like to see implemented or removed from The Sims Mobile in 2021.
- Items BEFORE the occasion.
Too many times in 2020 we were offered rewards from events that we were likely to achieve after the occasion they were relevant for. Like Christmas and even now going into the new year we are being offered items that are Christmas items. The next Wumples Wishlist is for Christmas Cards. A five-day slog for something we should have got last month. Not cool.
- Less pay to play.
Unless you spend every waking (and sleeping) hour of the day repeatedly pressing things you’ve already done and seen before a million times, you won’t be able to get the final and Grand prizes for events. The dullness of the event style is creating an extremely pay to play environment. We’re so bored with doing the same thing over and over that our only other option is to buy in-game currency to get ahead. This should not be the case and I hope it is changed soon.
- Less paid packs.
Paid packs are cool. They give us awesome new things. They support the developers. I don’t mind paid packs. What I do mind is the amount we have of them, the lack of attention to detail within them, and putting items in them that match those that are free in the game, like the current gate that we can earn in the Sweet Treat event. We can only have a fence to match the gate if we buy a pack. It’s great to have an incentive to buy them but they should be a bonus, not something to make us suffer if we don’t buy them.
- More attention to detail.
A lot of the stuff released in 2020 has been sloppy. Needless bugs that could have been caught in the testing phase, outfits that don’t fit Sims properly, pack images not showing all the information they should, not making it clear which sex or age group a prize or the paid item is for. It’s bad enough for the stuff we’re spending our time working towards but to even have these kinds of errors in paid packs is extremely insulting.
- Less repetitive gameplay.
The gameplay has become distressingly repetitive making it less easy to actively play. The stress lies with the player because that is our only way to get to the end of the events without time passing on its own. The main difference and selling point between The Sims Freeplay and The Sims Mobile was that you actively play in The Sims Mobile but the way things are that is becoming less and less the case.
- More stories added.
In an effort to include less repetitive gameplay we need more stories added to the game. We haven’t had any for a long time and these were the backbone of the game. They would make every event more interesting and give us something new to work towards.
- The return of death.
I miss death! Back in the early days of The Sims Mobile, we had the Grim Reaper who would come and collect your Sims when they were ready to die. This was removed, we were told, because players get attached to their Sims dying is extremely final, so it was replaced with ‘retirement’ which essentially means your sims will stick around but won’t be playable. They eventually disappear anyway but you do now have the choice to not have your Sims retire or disappear at all, which is great, so I think it would be a wonderful time to reintroduce Grim. Grim is an essential part of The Sims.
- Add more friends.
I’ve been asking for this for years. 50 friends are not enough!
- Bye, Bye Wumples.
If not goodbye then something needs to change. 5 days for the tiniest items is a joke.
Again, back in the early days, we had something called potions. It was before Izzy came around and was located where he now parks his van in Parkside. Each potion you could buy provided a permanent boost to your Sim. I would love to see fun things like that make a comeback.
- Gallery/save option for homes.
Building homes takes so long but it is addictive and a lot of fun. I would love to be able to save my homes and even for there to be a gallery so we can download designs from other players.
- More active Sims.
We have so many lots now (which I suspect is to make up for the fact that we can’t save our builds) but only 4 active Sims. It just doesn’t make sense!
- Less Surprising choices (or none at all).
This was supposed to of been fixed in the last big update so they would appear less often but they still pop up pretty frequently at inconvenient times.
Perhaps with the implementation of new stories this feature will become a little less repetitive in itself but I would personally like to see some kind of shake-up for LlamaZoom and I don’t think there’s any need for Emily’s to be outside every house! Although that is a pretty Sims-like feature so I’m not against it ?
Many players have been able to trick the game into building balconies, I’d love to see this feature added properly.
Again, many players can fake them from a build perspective but I’d love to see my Sims swim… or drown (insert evil laugh here)
Because they both launched around the same time, The Sims Mobile was quickly compared to Home Street. Home Street went on in a different direction but quickly added cool things like pets. How cute would they be in The Sims Mobile!?
- Family Tree
This is another feature I’ve wanted for a very long time. I love that we have generations but I would like a clear representation of how all my Sims are related.
- Family gameplay
I think we might benefit from some gameplay that encourages the family aspect of The Sims. My sims are aging up speedily doing all these events. I like to keep my family tree going but don’t have much of an incentive for them to make babies anymore or even to spent time in CAS making a new Sim. I’m losing that connection with my Sims.
On release, The Sims Mobile was marketed as a legacy heavy game. I would really like to get back to that.
- Sell excess items
My inventory is full of excess items I don’t need. I would love to be able to exchange or sell them with other plays in a similar way to how SimCity BuildIt does it.
- Inventory Search
The inventory has been a million times better since the implementation of categories but I would still like to see a search feature given the number of items some of us have now. Especially since sometimes things are in categories you would not expect them to be in. Hello, trash can of the future, I’m looking at you.
I can not explain to you how disappointed I was to not see snow in my game for the December 2020 update. It should be mandatory every year. Especially when it has been in the game before. This seems like such a missed opportunity.
- CAS photo and pose mode.
I love to play dress-up with my Sims. I would love to see a photo mode for them right in Create-a-Sim. In addition, I’d love to be able to have a selection of poses they can make for the photos.
- More to do for long time players rather than just stuff.
I have literally nothing to do between each repetitive event. Therefore, at this point, the game has become a building simulator and our only reward is more stuff.
- Features of comedy from The Sims 2.
If we look back to games like The Sims 1 and 2 there are some beautiful, tiny, cute, life-giving details that would breathe life into the Sims Mobile. One that springs to mind is the Gypsy matchmaker that you could summon in The Sims 2 (with the packs ‘Nightlife’ or ‘FreeTime’) to get a date and then that date would fall from the sky. How fun would that be!? You cross the gypsy’s palm with however many simoleons you see fit (the more the better) and then a random real-life player’s Sim appears in front of you to start a new relationship with. I really think they need to start looking back for things like that to bring that nostalgia into our hands again.
What do you think? What features would you like to see implemented this year? Let me know in the comments.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
I did a big list on EA Forum about features that I would love see this year in the sims mobile.
– I know the team seems to have changed the focus of the game, but could we have some new quests without events? Like fix the old car (and unlock a car), do 2 romances at same time (and get a new trait) or get 4 new babys (and unlock a new baby set)? It’s side quests that I would love see in the game and maybe would make me get on game all day.
– Can we have story events with 3 or more sims like family special dinner night or camping with friends ? And a option to invite the friends family with toodlers and kids lt would be amazing for events like New years eve night or christmas night or a special announciment.
– I would love see stuff packs coming to the game but not with 5 objects but a pack with new interactions, decorations and maybe houses or districts. Like a camping pack with tends, play guittar with friends or tell story for the crew and romantic interactions. This pack would stay in the game forever and you would buy when you needed with real money. like sims PC expansion packs.
– Weather its something that I would love see in the game in near future. The game can decide random if its time to rain or sunny day every session. Maybe a weather machine can help but the sims is about random things doing without you’r control so it’s funny some options.
– Ski, surf, climb, photography, paint, garding we need new hobbies this year.
– More socializyng area to make new friends like a market or a park. Some nights like Opera night or New concert with a teather social area for make online friends. For now, the game just spawn some sims from other simmers at the coffee but it’s not like real simmers can play together.
– Option to make party in other homes.
– Option to play with kids and toodlers. And more events for toodlers like learn to walk or learn animals name…it’s more family gameplay that we need.
– Others sims in the house interact deeply with objects like play guitter or watch tv or go to bed.
– More gameplay please!
– CAS 3.0 with unisex clothes, piercing, tattoo.
– University district with real classes like robot, medicine, political…thats would influence in the jobs
– Freelancer jobs: get a painter gig or a developer gig! Work from home! (new carreer).
– burglars & Police carreer
– Aliens, vampire, witches…not only objects but new traits to unlock powers.
– Grim Reaper
– needs like the sims freeplay like eat, sleep..
Love this list! <3